- Thank you to all who filled the school bags. They will be shipped on November 4th along with the fall shipment of quilts.
- FALL FESTIVAL -October 15 is the Annual Women of Immanuel Fall Festival. This event raises most of the money they have for projects throughout the year. For the past three years, ten percent of the profits from this event went directly to Immanuel’s septic system fund, which will continue this year. Others who have benefited from the profits from this day are the Foothills Food bank, Whatcom Pregnancy Clinic, and others. The money from this event buys a lot of the batting and second hand sheets that are used for making quilts. So plan on visiting us at the Harvest Festival! Enjoy a soup and sandwich lunch. Don’t forget to have a piece of pie, and buy something from the food table – salmon or cookies. Bid on a locally donated gift. Plan your decorations around the holiday shop and support the local church vendors who support our projects.
- WOI Bible Study meets at Carol VanderYacht’s home on Tuesday, October 10 at 7 pm.
- WOI Gather Discussion Group will meet Penny McInnis’ home on Tuesday October 25th at 7pm.
- Save The Date: November 6 is the Harvest Dinner (Thankful Dinner). All donations raised after expenses from this dinner will go to the Immanuel Septic System Project.
- Quilts ship on November 4th. This means that on October 30th they will be displayed in the church to be blessed and continue on their journey.
Save the date – July 13-16, 2017 for the Tenth Triennial Gathering of the Women of the ELCA in Minneapolis, Minnesota. More information will follow.
A big shout of congratulations to all who helped with quilting this year! Out of our entire Synod, Immanuel Lutheran shipped 197 quilts second only to Camano Lutheran’s 227, for the recent shipping. Way to go quilters! Thank you for your faithful service.